We are recruiting for enterprising, creative and influential individuals to join our Trustee board
As a membership organisation that is owned by the Voluntary sector it is vital that our board represents its varied membership.
We have multiple places available for individuals from our membership
It is important to us that our board represents our membership we are welcoming applications from any of our members and would encourage individuals from a range of voluntary sector organisations including:
- Volunteer led organisations/groups with no paid staff
- Small voluntary sector organistions/charities (income under £100,000)
- Faith based organisations
- Not for profit organisations e.g. CIC's
We are also keen to recruit young trustees (aged 18-35)
We welcome representatives from any role within a member organisation. For example you may volunteer, be a paid staff member or be on the governing board of that charity. All that you need to do is ensure that the leadership of the organisation signs the form to say you are representing them.
What we offer you
- By joining the board you will have the chance to influence and direct how support services are delivered to VCFS organisations within Cheshire East
- Experience in management and governance. The Board has oversight and at CVS it's important that we use the knowledge and skills to direct and guide what we do.
- A supported process - we have recently reviewed our process and have put a new structure in to support you and give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to be a Trustee
What we need from you
- We want Trustees that actively share their views and knowledge to help make CVS the best organisation it can be
- Attending our Board meetings. Our board meets every 2 months on a Thursday evening - currently via zoom but this will be a mix of zoom and physical meetings in the future
Applications are welcome on an ongoing basis.
Click here for our information pack which will tell you all about us and the role
If you have trouble accessing the embedded documents above then
Click here just for the FAQ's about becoming a Trustee
Click here for the Application for Members
Please note you must represent an organisation which has a current membership of CVS Cheshire East
CVS Cheshire East is a membership organisation that provides specialist development and advice services to charities and voluntary, community and faith groups
If you wish to join our board and you either aren't linked to an organisation or your organisation is not a member, we welcome co-opted individuals that can add skills and knowledge to our board. Please contact us.
For more information, please contact: