'Becoming a member of CVS Cheshire East was the best decision we have made!'
Hannah Marr, Crewe Town Council
CVS can offer your charity, organisation or voluntary group all that it requires to grow and develop to its very best potential, so become a member today and take advantage of all that we have to offer. As well as being able to vote and play an active part in our AGM, members will also receive:
A Dedicated CVS Development Officer
Each CVS member organisation will be assigned a dedicated CVS Development Officer, a single point of contact within CVS who will learn and understand the organisation's needs and ambitions, and be called upon for support at any stage of the membership. Members new and current are encouraged to complete the CVS GRIPP Healthcheck, this healthcheck assess the strengths and weaknesses of organisations over five key areas, governance, information, resources, people and projects (also property if applicable). As a result of completing the GRIPP Healthcheck the dedicated Development Officer will be able to create a bespoke plan of support for the organisation.
Specialist Funding Advice & Support
- Unlimited expert fundraising advice and support.
- Help identifying appropriate funding sources.
- Conducting funding searches.
- Advice on how to write successful applications.
- Read through service for draft applications with a personalised feedback service.
- Advice on Bids and Tenders.
Did joining CVS Cheshire East help the social enterprise and your work in Cheshire and South Manchester?
'Absolutely, without any doubt. It’s no coincidence that our success has paralleled our joining 12-months-ago. Being a new CIC [Community Interest Company] we’ve received support and valuable information. We’ve attended lots of courses run or organised by CVS Cheshire East and gained advice on bidding, project management, the changes to the data handling law – I even trained on an emergency first aid course which was great although I hope I never have to use it! The monthly bulletins are great with updates on funding opportunities.
There is a volunteer coordinator network I regularly attend and special mention to Mark Smith who has helped me develop in my role – always approachable and patient when I ask him a thousand questions! For any organisation it’s great to know there is a team of friendly, experienced experts to offer guidance. Which reminds me, it’s membership renewal time!' - Now-Forever Heritage
Specialist Volunteering Support
- Unlimited 1 to 1 advice and support with good practice in Volunteer Management.
- Support in putting together a Volunteering Strategy.
- Advice on how to become ‘volunteer ready’, including help with planning, policy, training, monitoring & reviews, plus supporting documentation.
- Access to our online Volunteer Service to help promote your volunteer opportunities.
Help & Guidance with Managing your Organisation
- Unlimited 1 to 1 advice and support for your organisation, including with setting up a new group, governance structures, policies & procedures, business planning, project management and charity registration.
- Online access to our GRIPP organisational healthcheck tool with a personal follow up from one of our team who has access to additional resources.
- Opportunities to advertise paid job vacancies on the CVS website.
Professional Representation within the Sector
- Tailored specific support on individual issues including having CVS representation at meetings and via written correspondence, for example with JSNA.
- Membership of Your Voice.
- Regular Your Voice E-Bulletins.
- The ability to raise issues or concerns through Your Voice.
Free and Discounted Training and Events
- Free or discounted attendance at some of CVS’s major events including ‘Meet the Funder’ and our Volunteer’s Gala Night.
- Priority booking at our other events including our Annual Conference.
- Full access to our regular networking meetings.
- Access to high quality, reduced rate, training courses, delivered by a range of Sector expert trainers.
- Opportunities to access a limited number of free in-house training sessions and discounts on further bespoke training.
- Access to free introduction training courses on a wide range of topics relevant to the Sector.
- The ability to book our meeting rooms at a discounted rate.
- Hire specialist office and meeting equipment at discounted rates.
- Promote your meeting and event venues through our Venue Directory.
- Promote your organisation within our online VCFS Directory.
- Receive our twice monthly CVS E-Bulletin, full of news and information relevant to our local Voluntary, Community & Faith Sector.
To see if your organisation is eligible to become a member and to review the costings visit our Membership Criteria & Costs page