We are looking for volunteers to join our retail shop in Congleton. You do not need any experience - just a willingness to learn. Come and give retail volunteering a go!
As a volunteer retail assistant you will:
• Making our customers feel welcome and creating a warm shopping environment.
• Serving customers at the till
• Receiving donations from the public
• Signing up new Gift Aid donors
• Replenishing stock – ensuring our rails and shelves are well-stocked, visually appealing and tidy
• Preparing the stock before it goes onto the shop floor this can include sorting, steaming and pricing.
When do I need to be available?
Our stores are open 7 days a week.
You can volunteer any time between 9am and 5pm Monday to Saturday and between 10am and 4pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
We appreciate any time that you share with us. That can be anything from a few hours a week, to a full day or more.
What can I expect from Mencap?
• Training and induction
• To feel fully supported in your role
• Agreed out-of-pocket expenses to be reimbursed (e.g. travel)
• To meet new people and be part of a team
• To learn new skills
• To feel appreciated and valued
What skills do I need?
You will be:
• Friendly and approachable
• Reliable and patient
• Able to work as part of a team
• Accepting of others who might be different to yourself
• Able to follow instructions
Up to £7.50 travel expenses
On going support from the store manager.
Full induction and on going training.