Be part of a fun team and help end world poverty by serving customers and increasing sales in our Macclesfield shop!
Do you have the basic customer service skills to help us to end world poverty?
Our attractive shop in Macclesfield Town Centre sells a range of donated items, including clothes, accessories, books, gifts, music and homewares.
Our shop team work hard to raise as much money as possible from every item that is donated and serving and helping customers in a friendly and professional way on our shop floor is a key part of what we do.
We are looking for enthusiastic Customer Service Volunteers to join Shop Manager Emma and her friendly team.
This would suit anyone with an interest in retail, or simply a love of charity shops and our work!
The role could be perfect for someone wishing to gain valuable experience and skills for their CV, or somebody who would simply like to be part of an exciting, innovative and friendly team of like-minded people.
Full training will be given, so previous experience is not essential.
Key Skills Desired:
• Friendly and engaging manner, enjoying working with people
• A passion and enthusiasm about volunteering and Oxfam's values
• Competent use of till systems preferable
• Experience of working on own initiative and as part of a team preferable
• Desire to learn or develop new skills
• Willingness to undertake training as and when required
• Attention to detail / figures
Reasonable travel and subsistence for full day shifts.
Full training and team environment
• Health and Safety Training
• Full Inductions
• NVQs in Retail and Customer Service
• Individual progression plans, if desired.