The Activities Lead will help to plan and facilitate diversionary activities scheduled for CWA’s weekly “Coffee and Chat” survivor group drop in sessions.
• support and inspire participants to help to raise their self esteem
• prepare, manage and properly maintain the session materials, where requested, produce lesson plans for each session, identifying key learning objectives for the session, activities to be undertaken and resources required.
• Liaise with co-facilitators, other volunteers and/or staff lead as necessary: before, during and at the end of the programme session to ensure that quality standards are being met, that volunteer support is used appropriately and service user issues/concerns are recorded for feedback purposes.
• Reflect on own practice and support peer learning.
• Complete all administrative activity required in accordance with myCWA guidelines.
• Liaise with key members of staff and service users and act as key contact for referrals to clinic worker, health visitor and legal clinic.
• Ensure that data protection and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Undertake training and supervision as required.
• Commitment to celebrating diversity and healthy relationships.
• Willing to develop an understanding of the issues related to Domestic Abuse.
• A sound working knowledge of the specific subject area for planned sessions.
• A flexible approach to working in a team environment and a willingness to work with a variety of people.
• Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to challenge clients in a positive way.
• Ability to build trust and make people feel relaxed.
• Confidence in interpreting and handling sensitive information.
• Ability to keep accurate records and provide feedback in a timely manner.
• A good sense of personal Integrity and ethics.
• Knowledge of lesson planning (desirable).
training, supervision and a small team of support volunteers
Domestic Abuse Level 1 Certificate
In-house safeguarding, confidentiality, professional conduct and boundaries, together with any appropriate development to meet role requirements.