Understanding and celebrating the diversity and strength of the VCFS in Cheshire East
- In 2015, CVS Cheshire East carried out a survey to gather information from Voluntary Sector organisations in Cheshire East to help understand and evidence the diversity and strength of our local Voluntary, Community and Charitable organisations.
- This report reviews how our local Sector has responded over the last 5 years to the challenging and changing environment.
- Responses show some really powerful information about our paid and volunteer workforce locally.
- For example,
- On average 53,004 people volunteer in our community
- Each week volunteers contribute 74,522 hours of their time
- 21% of the population volunteer
- Volunteering is worth £25million to our local economy
- Our local VCFS employs 2.5% of the workforce
- The total income for our local sector in 2014-2015 was expected to be just over £200 million
- 64% of our local sector has an income of less that £100,000 with just under a quarter (24%) having an income of less than £10,000
Click here to download our Hidden Power Report.