Young Volunteers Project
(Knutsford and surrounding areas)
CVS has received funding from the Cheshire Community Foundation to deliver a project aimed at supporting young people into volunteering.
The project will be delivered in Knutsford and Chelford and has two main aims:
- To engage young people in Knutsford in volunteering
- To work with Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector organisations in Knutsford and the surrounding areas to offer suitable, meaningful volunteering opportunities
As part of the project we will be:
- Engaging young people in the design of an effective marketing campaign to promote the benefits of volunteering
- Supporting VCFS organisations to engage young people in service design and delivery with good practice examples, resources and 1-2-1 support
- Dispelling some of the myths and concerns that some organisations may have about working with volunteers aged 14-18
- Producing a toolkit of resources specific to young people in volunteering
- Establishing a network for organisations that work with young people to meet together and discuss learning from the project.
- Matching local young people with meaningful and interesting volunteer opportunities
- Mentoring young people through their volunteer journey
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Suzy Keen firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01270 763100
Register as a Young Volunteer
Participate in local events and activities as part of the project. Under 16s will need parental consent.