Young Volunteers Project
(Knutsford and surrounding areas)
CVS has received funding from the Cheshire Community Foundation to deliver a project aimed at supporting young people into volunteering.
The project will be delivered in Knutsford and Chelford and has two main aims:
- To engage young people in Knutsford in volunteering
- To work with Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector organisations in Knutsford and the surrounding areas to offer suitable, meaningful volunteering opportunities
As part of the project we will be:
- Engaging young people in the design of an effective marketing campaign to promote the benefits of volunteering
- Supporting VCFS organisations to engage young people in service design and delivery with good practice examples, resources and 1-2-1 support
- Dispelling some of the myths and concerns that some organisations may have about working with volunteers aged 14-18
- Producing a toolkit of resources specific to young people in volunteering
- Establishing a network for organisations that work with young people to meet together and discuss learning from the project.
- Matching local young people with meaningful and interesting volunteer opportunities
- Mentoring young people through their volunteer journey
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Suzy Keen email@example.com or call us on 01270 763100
Calling the leaders of tomorrow!
Join our steering group and help design and lead a project in Knutsford about volunteering for 14-18 year olds.
CVS is a charity, and we help community groups and charities across Cheshire East. We have an exciting new project in Knutsford to help organisations open up volunteering opportunities to young people, and to help young people learn about and find meaningful and interesting volunteer roles.
As a member of the steering group, you will work with the CVS Management team to plan the project - to make sure that it is doing what young people need it to do. You will learn and develop amazing skills in marketing, planning, and community development work.
Steering group meetings will be held in The Welcome in Knutsford and/or by zoom. We will meet for up to 2 hours every other month and we will offer support and consult you in between. You need to live, or attend school in Knutsford or Chelford and be aged between 14-18.