House Engagement Guides help visitors discover the stories of the Legh family and their 600 year history at Lyme, and support the protection of the delicate interiors and collections. This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a friendly team, bringing Lyme to life for our visitors.
House Engagement Guides help visitors discover the stories of the Legh family and their 600 year history at Lyme, and support the protection of the delicate interiors and collections. They also ensure safe evacuation of visitors in an emergency.
By getting involved, you could:
• Become part of a friendly and dedicated team.
• Meet people from all walks of life and make new friends.
• Enjoy new experiences and learn something new every day.
• Share your passion for Lyme and the family stories that make it unique.
• Providing a friendly and informed welcome to all visitors.
• Helping visitors to feel comfortable and confident finding their way around the house.
• Being involved in developing and interpreting the stories which make Lyme unique.
• Undertaking your own research into Lyme’s fascinating 600yr history.
• Developing knowledge of the wider Lyme estate.
• Upholding the Trust’s preventive conservation approach: leading by example to help encourage visitors to do the same.
• Working as part of a large team of staff and volunteers to ensure visitors have a great day out at Lyme.
• Supporting security procedures to help prevent theft and malicious damage.
• Completing e-learning and attending training sessions, including pre-season briefings.
• Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times, with particular regard to evacuating the house in an emergency.
• We’ll help you get to know Lyme, how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with
induction and training.
• We provide equipment to help you do this role well and safely.
• We’ll also cover agreed costs of your travel between home and Lyme.
This role will suit you if you are...
• A team player.
• Someone who enjoys telling stories.
• Able to adapt your conversational style to be relevant to different audiences.
• Interested in history, art and architecture.
Travel expenses covered
Dedicated line manager looks after the team. Training and support provided.
Online training modules
In person induction
Pre-season training each year