We are seeking to recruit counselling volunteers to join our committed and well-established support service for bereaved adults. It is essential to be able to attend our group meeting on the afternoon of the 1st Wednesday each month.
The volunteer will be an experienced counsellor or equivalent with experience of working one to one with adults in a counselling setting.
MBSS is a voluntary body offering individual counselling, support and group support, to adults 18+ in East Cheshire, covering Macclesfield, Congleton, Knutsford, Wilmslow, Poynton and Disley & outlying areas. All our volunteers are either qualified counsellors or experienced in providing bereavement support. Our volunteers are Police & Health vetted and accredited by Macclesfield Hospital Trust prior to joining MBSS. We are committed to the values of equality & diversity.
Informal enquiries welcome; please call David Wood on 01625 429156 and leave a message.
• Be 18 or over
• Ideally have Level 2 or 3 Counselling Skills qualification or above, or similar
• Have relevant personal skills, knowledge & experience to offer one-to one support
• Be emotionally robust to deal with loss & able to have handled one’s own losses
• Have very good listening skills and provide an empathic relationship with clients
• Work in a non-judgemental manner and maintain the values of equality & diversity
• Work respecting confidentiality
• Attend the monthly supervision & staff meetings on the first Wednesday each month
• Commit to MBSS as a supportive team player
Travel expenses (35p per mile) and incidental expenses will be paid
You will be treated with respect
A personal mentor to guide & support your work with MBSS
Control over the clients you take
Monthly group supervision & extra support when requested
A Handbook and other essential documents
Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses incurred in your work
Insurance cover in your public role
A break from volunteering for health and personal reasons when needed
Regular Hospital Trust training & MBSS in-house training
A personal mentor to start; group supervision; regular in house training and essential Mandatory training run by Macclesfield Hospital