Caudwell Children are looking for Disability Energy Champion Volunteers to help with our Warm Homes project -supporting the parents/carers of disabled children, to provide the family support that they need and to help families to address energy efficiency and affordability.
Caudwell Children are looking for Disability Energy Champion Volunteers to help with our Warm Homes project- a funded project across several UK cities, supporting the parents/carers of disabled children in their own home, to provide the family support that they need and to help families to address energy efficiency and affordability, a huge step towards transforming the lives of disabled children.
· Providing practical and emotional support to families face to face on a weekly basis through Zoom and telephone calls
· Learning to understand the specific needs of families with disabled children
· Assisting the charity to expand its reach to families with disabled children in the UK.
· Delivering essential services to help ensure homes are warm and efficiently heated
· Assisting in conducting personalised home surveys, and providing a combination of information and support to understand energy bills, energy improvements and reduce energy costs
· Professional individual
· Empathetic with the ability to liaise with families in need
· Excellent telephone manner and clear communication skills
· Ability to provide advice to families in a professional and objective manner
· Trust worthy and reliable
We can cover out-of-pocket travel expenses
- Full training
- Regular supervisions
- Safeguarding training and support
- Staff available via Teams chat, telephone and video calls
- Volunteer group chat
Full training provided, including Safeguarding level 2.