We are looking for volunteers with their own transport, who will pick up food donations and transport them to our base in Crewe.
You will be working in the evenings or Sunday afternoons when stores close and will be transporting food in cool boxes from our donor supermarkets to their destination, then unloading and freezing/storing as appropriate on arrival. We have a policy of no lone working so you will be met at the Pantry by other members of the team performing a similar role and will lock up and leave together. You will be representing CHANCE at all times and we expect you to be friendly, polite and well presented. You will keep up to date with our work and be able to promote the value of supermarket donations to our members with retailers, as you are their point of contact with our service.
• Meeting new people
• Being part of a committed and forward thinking team
• Knowing you are making a difference locally
• Working with supportive and innovative trustees and manager
• Valuable work experience for your CV and work progression outside the charity
For more information please contact michele.parks@Chancechanginglives.org
• excellent organisational skills
• physically fit - lifting required
• Full clean UK driving licence
• Over 30 years of age
• good verbal communication skills
• ability to work independently and as part of a team
• ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• commitment to work with supervision and to follow instruction
• cash handling skills
• experience in retail/social service/health/benefits role useful but not essential
For those who live locally, we reimburse public transport fares and travel expenses for travel above home to volunteering base, at the following rates per mile: car users, 45p.
You would be joining a small, friendly team with a Trustee & General Manager to support you
Safeguarding training is provided for all staff and volunteers. Additional training as the role demands will be offered.