We are looking for enthusiastic members of the community to join our team of Drop-In Volunteers, supporting our front door reception services Monday - Saturday, in the afternoons and evenings
- To welcome visitors, including young people, parents and other professionals, into Just Drop-In in a friendly, receptive and non-judgmental way.
- To actively promote equal opportunities and challenge discrimination in all forms.
- To be a warm first point of contact, responding to general enquiries face to face, over the phone or online, providing information on the support available
- To promote a safe environment, making sure resources and records are kept up to date, and stored appropriately on our online system
- Orientate visitors around the premises, introducing them to the Service
Our ‘Front Door’ is open Monday to Saturday and aims to provide a safe, welcoming environment for young people aged 12-25, and parents, to call in and seek support. As well as our physical front door, people may ‘drop-in’ over the phone, email or online via social media or a website enquiry.
You should be able to commit to one, 3-hour session a week. The hours that you volunteer can be flexible but will generally take place in the afternoons, early evenings or Saturdays.
- We welcome volunteers from a diverse background with a variety of experience.
- To be non-judgmental and non-discriminatory and to be aware of the importance of equal opportunities.
- To be approachable and friendly and have good communication skills.
- To feel confident in dealing with a variety of general enquiries
Reasonable expenses are reimbursed, such as a bus fare
Just Drop-In Commitment to Volunteers
In exchange for your time and enthusiasm we will aim to provide the following:
- Support in accessing in house and external training opportunities
- Reimbursed expenses such as bus fare or parking
- Opportunities to celebrate and be rewarded for your help.
- A commitment to provide references for anyone who volunteers for us for over 6 months
- 1-1 support with a named staff member at JDI – Jenny Shadforth – Business Operations Manager
Support in accessing in house and external training opportunities. Mandatory training for all volunteers includes Safeguarding & Professional Boundaries, Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity. Additional opportunities arise throughout the year and have included Mental Health First Aid, Signposting & Referrals and Mentoring Programme.