We are looking for enthusiastic members of the community to join our team of Wellbeing Volunteers, supporting young people aged 12-25, through a variety of wellbeing activities.
- To support young people who may have had difficult lived experiences with social issues, which could include mental health, relationships, family or substance misuse, through a variety of strength based engaging activities including conversations, cooking, arts & crafts and games.
- To actively to promote equal opportunities and challenge discrimination in all forms.
- To provide a listening ear, information and practical support based on their individual needs. This could include helping them to look for education or employment opportunities, guidance with activities or new hobbies and support with creating new friendships with other young people.
- To promote a safe environment, making sure resources and records are kept up to date, and stored appropriately on our online system
- To facilitate young people’s learning and their personal and social development
- You don’t need to have had previous experience of working with young people to volunteer for us however an ability to engage and create relationships with young people aged 12-25 is essential
- We welcome volunteers from a diverse background with a variety of experience.
- To be non-judgmental and non-discriminatory and to be aware of the importance of equal opportunities.
- To be approachable and friendly, and have the ability to maintain a positive, strength based manner
- To have good communication, team and organisation skills.
Reasonable expenses are reimbursed, such as a bus fare
Just Drop-In Commitment to Volunteers
In exchange for your time and enthusiasm we will aim to provide the following:
- Support in accessing in house and external training opportunities
- Reimbursed expenses such as bus fare or parking
- Opportunities to celebrate and be rewarded for your help.
- A commitment to provide references for anyone who volunteers for us for over 6 months
- Support with a named staff member at JDI – Faye Ronan, Wellbeing Services Manager
Support in accessing in house and external training opportunities. Mandatory training for all volunteers includes Health & Safety, Safeguarding & Professional Boundaries, Equality & Diversity. Further opportunities offered throughout the year vary and have included Mental Health First Aid, Mentor Programme, in addition to external opportunities which arise through the year.