Migraine and Me is a peer support group formed to offer support to migraine sufferers and we are looking for a Treasurer for our group.
Migraine and Me is a peer support group offering support to migraine sufferers through regular meetings, guest speakers and loan of equipment. Also, to raise awareness of the migraine condition and support campaigning initiatives.
The group is a registered charity and although peer support meetings have been suspended due to COVID-19, we are looking for a Trustee to act as Treasurer for the group.
The Treasurer helps the trustees to carry out their financial responsibilities. Duties include:
• presenting financial reports to the Trustees in a format that helps them understand the charity’s financial position
• advising the Trustees on how to carry out their financial responsibilities
• Submitting the annual return to the Charity Commission
• overseeing the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts
• taking on the day to day financial duties, such as book-keeping, budgeting, over-seeing of grant funds and preparation of reports.
If you have financial or book-keeping and accounts experience, we would love to hear from you! You don’t need to have experienced migraine yourself, but empathy towards those that do would be valued.
An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship would be an advantage but training can be arranged also.
Ability to work as an effective member of a Committee.
Financial experience including day-to-day activities such as bookkeeping and budgeting.
Experience of, or a willingness to learn about, charity finance.
Ability to produce financial reports and submit returns to the Charity Commission.
A friendly and supportive Committee.
Training is available on specific aspects of Trustee Responsibilities through CVS Cheshire East and the successful candidate will be expected to attend this session, if appointed.