This opportunity will enable you to take part in raising funds for Mid Cheshire MIND through our enterprising ‘Donation Station’ charity shop
Your main duties will include:
- Maintaining stock generation, sorting donated goods, pricing and recycling items.
- Presenting donations in an attractive and presentable manner including creating stylish windows and displays
- Being involved with the till operation and the handling of cash (although this is not a necessary requirement).
- Promoting the Gift Aid scheme
- Promoting public understanding of the services that Mid Cheshire MIND delivers and the importance of raising
funds to support these services
- Ensuring that the premises are clean and tidy at all times.
- Promoting and applying Mid Cheshire MIND’s Health and Safety Policy.
As a Donation Station Helper, you don’t need any qualifications, but it would be helpful if you:
- can talk to people in a friendly, positive way
- enjoy working as part of a small team
- are confident to use a till or handle money
- have a keen eye for detail; you never know what you might find in a bag of donated stock! Can you spot hidden
‘treasures’ that would help to raise more funds?
- Can solve problems
On-the-job training provided covering all aspects of retail including customer service, cash handling and window dressing.
Formal training, including e-learning, in subject areas such as safeguarding and/or health and safety