Passion for Learning is a charity supporting children in our local Primary schools. We are looking for 1:1 volunteers who can really make a difference to a child. It is a fun and rewarding experience, so why not join our team today!
Our main service is to provide schools in Cheshire with trained volunteers to work with the children who need more individual time to help with their reading and encourage their interest in learning generally. Many of the children that we work with lack basic skills that are often acquired through play in the early years. Even speech and communication can be quite poor and basic things like concentration, listening, problem solving and memory are often not as good as their peers. We provide:
* The opportunity to work with the same 3 children for 1 or 2 half hour sessions per week to enable you to get to know that child’s needs and form a strong and consistent relationship.
* Our volunteers base their sessions around the child's interests and motivations so sessions are fun and enjoyable.
* We provide a full day’s training before you go into school that includes Safeguarding Children in your role as a 1:1 volunteer.
* Volunteers are provided with bespoke resources for the children that you work with.
* Each area also has a Volunteer Manager who comes into school to bring bespoke resources and offer help and advice as required.
*There are lots of opportunities to be involved in other Passion for Learning activities and events.
The children absolutely love the time that we give them because many of them are starved of positive adult attention. The results are always good and sometimes life changing.
For more information, please contact:
email@example.com (Ellesmere Port)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Winsford & Northwich and Knutsford)
Full training in Safeguarding and the role of a 1:1 Volunteer will be given plus ongoing support from Volunteer Managers.
Travel to courses, training or Volunteer events. Travel expenses may also be Paid to a volunteer who has to travel to their school.
Ongoing Volunteer support for each area.(Volunteer support Managers)
Safeguarding training day.
Training courses as appropriate. (Bereavement/Dealing with ADHD etc)