An exciting opportunity has arisen for those interested in adult education and charity governance –Seeking Trustees to join our Board to actively support the overall effective running of our organisation
The role offers individuals the chance to work at Board level. Trustees would need to attend nine meetings annually and there are opportunities to participate in sub-committees.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of Wilmslow Guild, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
Trustee Duties include:
• Ensuring the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
• Ensuring the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
• To contribute actively to the board of trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
• To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
• To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity's funds
• Use their specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustee’s reach sound decisions.
We are looking to appoint candidates with professional expertise to join our board, especially those with commercial IT systems knowledge, legal backgrounds, HR experience, business development or marketing expertise.
• A passion for education and lifelong learning
• Good, independent judgement and a strategic vision
• Ability to think creatively
• Willingness to speak their mind
• Ability to work effectively as a member of the Board
Volunteer expenses include travel expenses which are paid at 45p per mile
Trustees are provided with ongoing development support in their role
Induction, training, development and ongoing support