Fancy helping our members find volunteers? We are looking for a volunteer with an interest in developing and building our membership by being a pro-active communicator. You will play a key part in contacting members and potential members to ensure they make full use of being a CVSCE member
• Contact VCS organisations, encouraging them to post volunteer roles on the CVS platform.
• Quality check and activate volunteer opportunities on the CVS platform
• Follow up with volunteer managers as necessary to ensuring they contact prospective volunteers who have applied to them via the CVS platform.
• Contact volunteer managers when a volunteer role is about to expire on our platform and to help to re-advertise it.
• Create links with external organisations to promote volunteering – i.e community newsletters, web pages, local press.
• Create content for local press, newsletters, websites – advertising volunteer roles, directing them back the CVS platform. (including Third Sector, and Job-site)
• Scan local media for volunteer roles and add them to the CVS platform (with consent)
• Contribute to the volunteer e-bulletin.
• Help prepare for and attend volunteering recruitment events
• Activate new roles when they are submitted by an organisation
• A good communicator, someone who is enthusiastic and reliable.
• Good IT skills and competent in English
• An interest in the community and voluntary sector and an ability to engage with community groups/volunteers.
• An ability to work well unsupervised and as part of a team.
• Willingness to undertake any other duties and training as reasonably requested
CVS Cheshire East will cover out of pocket expenses for volunteer (e.g. travel costs Travel expenses paid at 45p per mile) or any costs incurred by volunteering from home.
A volunteer induction will be provided for those volunteers who complete a volunteer registration form and after references are taken. They will be supported by a dedicated member of staff.
Training through induction and ongoing support / training from the CVS staff team