Befriending Coordinator needed to support a small local compassionate community committee who meet monthly. Our mission is to reduce the need for medical interventions, social isolation, anxiety, depression and to support independent living and compassionate care for the residents of the local community and surrounding parishes.
Make a difference to people's lives....
• Coordinating small group of volunteers to support vulnerable residents within the community
• Allocate Befriending service required - phone call, shopping, prescription collection etc.
• Documentation and Record keeping
• Liaising with volunteers
• Support the small committee team by attending monthly meetings
• Develop the Befriending service to offer more support in other areas if needed
Passionate about helping others, caring and compassionate nature
Able to work on own or part of a team
Telephone costs reimbursed
Existing coordinator to show the ropes, talk through the system and at the end of the phone
Brilliant partner links with medical centre, nursing home, Cheshire East and End of Life Partnership for support
CVS membership and access to knowledge and support needed
In-house training and induction
Would need to explore any external training that would be required