The MS Society in Macclesfield & District need new volunteers to help them plan and develop new activities and to help keep their existing activities running smoothly.
- Coordinating the group’s shared responsibility for designing and delivering services and activities in line with our principles of quality service delivery so that they are safe, effective and impactful.
- Positively contributing to the development of the group’s annual activity plan.
- Leading on the organisation of events from concept to completion, including coordinating and supporting the successful delivery of an event.
- Developing strong relationships with local community organisations, promoting the activities on offer and reaching new people to attend them.
- Developing strong relationships with professionals delivering services on the group's behalf to support continued service improvement.
- Understanding the expertise of other volunteers and involving them in areas of service development where their skills and knowledge are required.
- Leading on promoting service evaluation and encouraging feedback from those taking part in services and activities provided by the group.
Some previous contact with people affected by MS is desirable but not essential. More important is a commitment to be part of a team, to be a good organiser and to want to make a real difference for families and people affected by MS in and around Macclesfield.
Agreed expenses are available for various costs as part of your volunteering, but particularly travel as appropriate.
The volunteer would work as part of a team and be supported by more experienced volunteers. We also have paid staff support available locally as needed.
We have online induction materials available and online training modules available depending on the volunteer's need.