Visyon are looking for passionate and fun individual's to join our great team of Café event volunteers. The purpose of this role will be to support the running of Visyon's café during events.
Visyon is a mental health charity that supports children, young people and their families in the Cheshire East and Staffordshire Moorlands area. Visyon provides a range of services to support local children and young people with their mental health such as; one-to-one therapy, mentoring, therapeutic and creative groups, advocacy, parent empower hours, family support sessions and training and support for local schools.
As a Headspace Café Volunteer you will be able to join an amazing team of passionate and fun individuals to run Visyon's headspace cafe during events.
This role could include;
• To take orders from customers and enter all orders into the ipad.
• Prepare hot and cold drinks as requested by each customer.
• Serve hot and cold drinks and pre-packaged snacks to customers.
• Complete opening and closing checklist to make sure all tasks are completed and initial once completed.
• Ensure weekly cleaning tasks are completed to a high standard and initial once completed.
• To work with the other volunteers as a team to create a community atmosphere within our team.
• To represent Visyon whilst working in the café by wearing Visyon grey polo and help build relationships with the public.
• To participate in Visyon’s training for volunteers, such as general induction, team building and café specific training.
• To undertake stock checks and compare to money taken.
• To undertake any other duty, which is appropriate to the job, when requested by the line manager.
Visyon is a great and a fun place to volunteer. You will meet lots of great new people and will become part of our amazing team of staff and volunteers.
You will learn lots of new skills such as customer service skills and how to make and serve drink and snacks.
Volunteering can also be a great way to build confidence.
All of the profit made from the cafe will be used to support the running of Visyon charity. This means that by volunteering your time you will be supporting Visyon to continue to support local children, young people and their families with their mental health.
All training will be given for the role however the following skills/experience would be beneficial;
• Previous experience of working in a café or restaurant would be ideal but this is not essential as full training will be given.
• A food hygiene certificate would be beneficial for this role but it is not essential.
• We are looking for somebody that has good customer service skills.
• Must have an ability to handle money correctly.
• Excellent cleaning and hygiene standards.
• An ability to work well as part of a team.
All volunteers will be given full training on how to use the coffee machine, make drinks and to use the iPad and till.
All volunteers will also be given a full induction including an introduction to Visyon, A role specific introduction, GDPR awareness training and safe guarding training.