Be part of a growing volunteering team at Macclesfield Hospital to help welcome patients and support them to log in to their out-patients appointments.
This is a new role based in various departments across the hospital. Key areas of work include:
• Welcome patients
• Encourage to use check in kiosk independently
• Support with using check in kiosk if necessary
• Input data into check in kiosk on behalf of patient, if required, with permission
• Promote use of check in kiosk
• Help relieve pressure on hospital reception
• Sign-post to reception or around department if required
• This role may include providing physical assistance to patients using wheelchairs
Good communication skills and confidence using technology.
Two references are taken from individuals who have known you for 3 years.
Pay out-of-pocket expenses for travel @35p per mile up to 10 miles each way or public transport and free car parking is provided
Support is available through the volunteer co-ordinator and other hospital staff
We provide the following for all volunteers: Statutory and Mandatory Training; Information Governance Training; Check In kiosk training and wheelchair training