Piece by Piece is a support group for parents/ carers of children with special educational needs and disability (SEND). We are looking for a volunteer who can provide support to the group.
Piece by Piece aims to support families and their children in a safe environment and enables parents/carers to be open and honest with like-minded individuals that understand the daily struggles families face.
The role of the volunteer is to provide support to the group - both helping with practical support (setting up/making a cuppa) but also able to listen, provide emotional support and understand the needs of the parents who come along.
Ideally you will have some personal or professional experience of SEND.
• To support the running of the group each week and occasional day trips
• Setting up/ tidying away activities
• Helping to make refreshments
• Providing listening and non-judgemental support
• Supporting the group leader in running the sessions
• Attend RWT statutory training/ induction and any additional training as needed
• Maintain appropriate boundaries within the group
Supporting this group will be a key role in making a difference in people's lives as well as a chance to meet new people and new skills, and useful training opportunities.
Ideally: A qualification or experience supporting SEND
Reliable/ punctual and committed to providing support
Friendly/ welcoming and empathatic
Out of pocket such as travel/ parking
• You will receive a full induction
• Training and development including safeguarding/ first aid/mental health awareness and any other opportunities to support you in your role.
• Support from the Volunteer Co-ordinator and other RWT staff.
• Networking activities and peer support
• Out of pocket expenses
Mental Health Awareness
Any other training needed for the role