Become a leader for a busy local scouting group.
The Purpose of Scouting is to promote the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potential, as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of the local, national and international communities. Scouting provides an enjoyable and attractive scheme of progressive training and programme of activities, based on the Scout Promise and Law and guided by adult leadership.
We need more scouting leaders! As a volunteer leader you can participate in youth work, building leadership skills and contributing to the local community.
The 38th scout group is ideal for young people who want a break from the usual after school routine of homework, games and TV. There is an emphasis on adventurous activities, action and involvement including camping, canoeing, climbing, potholing, shooting and hiking.
Some examples of activities during the last two years include:
• The group have purchased canoes and spent summer evenings at Doddington Lake during the summer of 2019 learning water skills.
• Climbing at Cheshire College, South and West
• Pot holing near Altrincham
• Taking part in the Chamboree near Tatton with 4,000 scouts, cubs and Beavers including international groups from around the world. A five night camp.
• Camping at the local scout camping ground at Milldale learning outdoor skills, including lighting fires, cooking, map reading and first aid
• Taking part in the Cheshire hike - a two day hike for scouts. Two of the group members gained first place in the 2018 hike
• Local trips including skiing and one to a chicken farm to learn about egg production and farming
• Fund Raising for the Royal British Legion in Nantwich selling painted remembrance stones
• Fund raising for Shelter through a Christmas Raffle
• Fund Raising for the scout group at bag packs in local supermarkets and through events including a summer barbecue and bonfire
Scouting builds young people’s confidence, social skills, spirituality and sense of community. The groups provide young people with an opportunity to participate, feel part of the community and to actively engage with local people of all ages and from all parts of the community.
If this sounds like something you would like to be involved with please get in touch.
No qualifications are required and volunteering with scouts will enhance your CV.
Our existing leaders will support you to develop your skills and the scouting programme is fully developed so that you can use it to develop group activities.
There is a full training programme for leaders. More details available on application.