We're looking for people who want to share their creativity and passion for the arts with older people, many of whom are living with dementia.
You will learn:
- how to support or lead workshops using words, sculpture, mark-making, movement and song
- how to listen deeply and support a person living with dementia as they express themselves through art
- how to create a space where imagination can flourish
Your volunteering will:
- enrich the lives of Belong residents
- reduce isolation
- increase wellbeing among residents, staff, families and yourself!
Have an interest in people and how their minds work
Travel expenses -
Car: local travel, from 28p per mile
Bus or train: local travel
We offer free tea, coffee and juice. Also, lunch if you commit more than 4 hours in a day.
Ongoing peer learning and regular catch ups with a named member of staff.
Two days of training which includes:
- the Belong ethos
- dementia awareness
- person-centred care
- arts awareness
- a creative toolkit
- active listening
- moving and handling
- fire safety
- conditions for creativity