We are funded purely by voluntary contributions, without our fundraisers, we would not be able to continue to support people with life threatening health conditions.
If you enjoy fundraising, organising events and engaging with the local community, why not become an active fundraiser?
As a Fundraiser you will make a real difference to the work we do, you will have lots of fun, meet lots of new friends and contribute directly to a worthwhile cause.
It doesn’t matter how much time you give – some events are occasional and others require a greater commitment
What does the role involve?
• Raising an awareness and funds for Medical Detection Dogs
• Working with members of staff and volunteers
• Assisting with street collections or at local supermarkets
• Helping on stalls and sell our merchandise. Keep accurate records of what we sell
• Counting donations
• Organising your own event
• Taking part in a fun run or challenge
• Attending local events organised by Regional Support groups or by Medical Detection Dogs staff
• Welcoming visitors to events, talking to members of the public about our work and answering any questions, queries they have
• Helping set up and pack away at events
• Attending cheque presentations on behalf of the charity
• Keeping up to date with the charity’s news, information and developments
• Following all basic paperwork and money handling procedures
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be enthusiastic, organised, confident and motivated
• Happy to work as part of a team
Mileage 35p per mile
All reasonable out of pocket expenses
Induction from Regional Volunteer & Fundraising Coordinator
On-going support and supervision from Coordinator, Head Office and other volunteers
Invitation to Demo day
Shadowing, training opportunities and peer support from Regional Fundraisers