Volunteer speakers help promote awareness of the charity, the work we do and the life changing difference our assistance alert dogs can make. Speaking to various groups also helps raise funds through donations.
Medical Detection Dogs require a national network of speakers to help promote awareness of the charity, the work we do and the life changing difference our assistance alert dogs can make. As well as promoting the charity, speakers help raise much needed funds and encourage others to fundraise in various ways, for example by leaving a legacy in their will or organising a fundraising/sponsored event on our behalf. This is invaluable as Medical Detection Dogs rely totally on the generosity of individuals and organisations.
Speakers visit groups such as Lions, Rotary Clubs, Women’s Institutes, community groups, schools and businesses within their local community. It is your choice how far you wish to travel to talks.
What does the role involve?
• You can be paired up with one of our Clients and their Assistant Alert Dogs
• You can attend as many or as few talks as you wish
• Give talks/presentations as requested
• We welcome and encourage you to contact local organisations and organise your own talks
• Keep up to date with news and information
• Good communication skills
• Ability to tailor your presentation to your audience
• Energy and enthusiasm
For travel including mileage 35p per mile
For all reasonable out of pocket expenses
Induction from Regional Volunteer & Fundraising Coordinator
Meetings with Regional Support Group
On-going supervision and support with arranging talks
Speaker training and Head Office or local area
Shadowing existing volunteers