Events Assistant - Down's syndrome support
Purpose of position
We’re the Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group (CDSSG), the charity that supports over 175 people with Down’s syndrome and their families in Cheshire. We won’t give up until children, young people and adults with Down’s syndrome get care, support and the opportunities they deserve to unlock their potential.
We educate and support parents, carers and professionals to help develop people with Down’s syndrome through training, educational conferences, development sessions and family fun events. We also raise awareness and understanding in the Cheshire community about Down’s syndrome and provide activities and opportunities for people with Down’s syndrome. We are entirely self-funded and reliant on support from families, businesses and volunteers.
You will help us to continue to offer high quality events, training and fundraising activities to people with Down’s syndrome and their families.
• Attend events and awareness raising activities.
• Distribute information and marketing materials to members of the public.
• Assist the event leader in tasks and activities.
• Develop and maintain relationships with supporters.
• Understanding of and commitment to the aims of CDSSG.
• Confident when communicating with others.
• Ability to work alone and use initiative and also as part of a team.
Any support that they require.
Relevant training to complete the role.