Activity Assistant - Down's syndrome support
Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group (CDSSG) supports over 175 people with Down’s syndrome and their families in Cheshire. We won’t give up until children, young people and adults with Down’s syndrome get care, support and the opportunities they deserve to unlock their potential.
We educate and support parents, carers and professionals to help develop people with Down’s syndrome through training, educational conferences, development sessions and family fun events. We also raise awareness and understanding in the Cheshire community about Down’s syndrome and provide activities and opportunities for people with Down’s syndrome. We are entirely self-funded and reliant on support from families, businesses and volunteers.
We are looking for volunteers to help us to continue to offer high quality activities to people with Down’s syndrome and their families.
• Attending activities
• Support the activity leader/s to ensure positive outcomes for participants.
• Help to create a safe and productive environment.
• Develop and maintain relationships with people with Down’s syndrome and their family
• Confident and good at communicating with others.
• Enthusiasm for enrichment activities and for learning new skills.
• Excellent listening skills and empathy.
• Ability to contribute as part of a team.
Any support that they require.
Relevant training to complete the role.