We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help in our new charity shop in Crewe. You will have good communication skills and work well with others. You will learn new skills and make friends while helping St Luke’s care and support local people.
Our Retail Assistants help to raise the funds we need to provide care to local people when they need it most. As a Retail Assistant you will support our Shop Manager in every aspect of the shop, providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile to ensure that our shops are as successful as possible.
• Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop
• Advising and helping customers as they browse
• Operating the till
• Receiving donations, sorting and preparing stock for sale
• Visual merchandising – ensuring the shop looks its best
• Maintaining a stocked and tidy shop floor
• Processing Gift Aid and encouraging new donors
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us for as little as four hours each week, usually a morning or an afternoon, but this is flexible depending on your availability. In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new skills and receive ongoing support and training, as well as having a great time and knowing that you are making an important contribution to St Luke’s.
What we are looking for:
• Aged 16 and over
• A friendly and helpful manner
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Willing to partake in all aspects of the shop and training
• An interest in the work of St Luke’s Hospice, it’s ethos and values
Out of pocket expenses e.g. car park and transport, ask shop manager or volunteer support for more details
Shop manager, Volunteer Support Coordinator
In-shop training, including health and safety and general Hospice induction