We're looking for enthusiastic members of the community to join our team of Drop-In Volunteers to support young people aged 16-25. The Drop-In runs Monday - Saturday 2-5pm for young people to call in and seek support with any issue affecting their life.
• Welcome anyone into the building in a friendly, receptive and non-judgemental way, responding to initial face to face enquiries that could be from young people, parents or other professionals.
• Actively promote equal opportunities and challenge discrimination in all forms.
• To provide a listening ear, practical support and information such as using a computer or practicing a new recipe, where necessary, assisting them in finding resources that they require and / or refer them on to another organisation.
• Facilitate young people’s learning, personal and social development.
• Promote a safe environment for all young people, keeping the centre tidy and up to date
• A commitment to one session a week is required
• You don’t need to have previous experience of working with young people to volunteer for us
• We welcome volunteers from diverse backgrounds with a variety of experience
• You need to be non-judgemental and non-discriminatory and to be aware of the importance of equal opportunities
• To be warm, friendly and approachable and have the ability to engage and create relationships with a diverse group of young people
• To have good communication, team and organisational skills
Reasonable expenses are reimbursed such as a bus fare or parking
• Support in accessing in-house and external training opportunities
• Opportunities to celebrate and be rewarded for your help
• A commitment from us to provide a reference for anyone who volunteers for us for over 6 months
• 1-1 support with the Wellbeing Services Manager, Faye Nield in addition to group support
Mandatory Induction Training includes; Safeguarding Level 1, Professional Boundaries, Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, GDPR
Additional training opportunities are offered throughout the year and include topics ranging from Mental Health First Aid to Participation.