The rescue horses need your help with admin! We're an equine welfare organisation currently setting up as a CIO, and need ICT savvy animal lovers to join our team.
Our aims are to offer rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming to horses in need, sanctuary to those that cannot be rehomed, to educate people on ethical horse care and training, and also to offer equine assisted therapy.
We currently need help from enthusiastic, dedicated and committed administrative volunteers to help the charity meet its aims, goals and objectives.
The positions will be based at home, and you’ll be responsible for flexible projects including updating the website, social media, administrative tasks, fundraising and marketing. If you have particular skills and interests in these areas then projects will be assigned that work to your strengths. We're looking for someone with time and enthusiasm to help, to join our small and supportive team, and be make a real difference to countless horse’s lives.
This role gives you chance to:
• Gain experience in the voluntary sector while working from home.
• Develop your skills in IT and administration.
• Take an active role within a small charity and really make a difference.
• Contribute to the care of rescued horses through the administrative work. You’ll get chance to meet the horse’s as part of your role.
• Work on flexible projects which interest and inspire you.
We are looking for individuals with some of the following skills:
• ICT, including Microsoft Office
• Social Media and Marketing
• Fundraising strategy
• Administration, including assisting writing policies and formal documents.
You'll need access to your own computer.
Reasonable expenses covered on a monthly basis, please discuss this with your volunteer manager.
Volunteers are supported by the volunteer manager, to who they report with any questions and concerns. They will also have regular 1:1 supervision meetings to discuss their role, and identify whether there is a need for any additional support or training.
A full induction training is provided, and the opportunity to access further training will be assessed as and when required. All volunteers are able to join any of our equine welfare or management courses free of charge as as when they're available.