An exciting opportunity to join the Museum’s learning team as we look to strengthen and develop the Museum's learning offer.
We are seeking enthusiastic and pro-active people to join our Learning Team to help us to maintain and develop both our formal and informal learning provision. The Museum currently offers:
• Education workshops for school children, in particular for primary school children learning about their local history. Topics range from The Great Fire of Nantwich to the Civil War and a Toys session.
• Informal workshops such as holiday activities for all the family to join in with.
• There could also be opportunities to be involved with our outreach tours and talks, as well as involvement with our Dementia Friendship Group.
As a volunteer you will be working with other volunteer members of the team and staff to help prepare and deliver some of the above sessions. Workshops typically involve guiding children in the Museum and around the town, overseeing object handling, costume trying and connected activities and best of all harnessing enthusiasm to discover more about the past.
We are keen to develop sessions for secondary school children and are looking for ways in which we can make our galleries more fun and interactive and this could be chance to really make a difference. We are also exploring other initiatives to involve young people and ways to engage with the community.
As a volunteer you can make a real difference:
• Inspire our visitors
• Help this community asset to continue
• Be involved in shaping future development.
We would like applicants to have an interest in history.
For those wanting to work with our formal education sessions we would like applicants to have had experience of working with children.
For our outreach sessions, experience of public speaking would be beneficial.
Most of all we are looking for team players, with enthusiasm and a willingness to get stuck in.
We will always try to accommodate volunteers' needs. We have training/reference notes available.
We have an in-house induction.
We also invite volunteers to attend external training sessions if applicable.