We are looking for individuals to become volunteer recovery coaches in Chehire East. If you believe you can help and support others struggling with addiction please apply today!
As an Emerging Futures Recovery Coach you will support individuals to transition in to the community from structured treatment, detox, residential rehabilitation and prison on behalf of Emerging Futures (EF) CIC.
You will contribute to the service to ensure that service users receive high quality services that adhere to the best practice guidelines, policies and ethos of Emerging Futures. You will be responsible for contributing to the overall performance of the service to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved through working in an asset-based, collaborative and pro-active manner.
The role of a Recovery Coach involves assisting individuals to access all manner of opportunities that exist within the local community to enhance their ongoing recovery. You will identify recovery assets and resources within the wider community and support the development of self-sustaining community groups. As part of the role you will be required to promote wellbeing and active citizenship; using your unique skills and experience to support others. You will develop and assist in sustaining support networks across the locality as well as promote and support the involvement of families in services, aftercare, mutual aid and recovery communities as per the ethos of Emerging Futures CIC.
You will promote various options and routes into community based mutual aid and/or community reintegration through adult education, volunteering opportunities, employment, social enterprises and community activities.
• An understanding/experience of recovery as a concept as well as the range of recovery pathways available in the community and support individuals to find their own pathway.
• Empathy, compassion, patience, professionalism and understanding of peers and their support networks.
• A non-judgmental, self-aware values-based approach to your own recovery and the recovery of others with the ability to turn your experience into expertise.
• An understanding of addiction and the impact on the family in order to support meaningful community engagement outside of structured treatment/criminal justice settings.
• The confidence, enthusiasm and articulation to clearly explain and promote the services provided by Emerging Futures CIC to the wider general public and local business.
• A commitment to diversity and equal opportunities and a commitment to recovery pathways and their unique nature.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively within a team and with other professional from partnership agencies.
And the ability to:
• Maintain your own recovery (if in recovery)
• Work as a member of an integrated team and be able to work alone
• Respond flexibly to the demands of the post, keep calm under pressure
• Maintain professional boundaries
• Have a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity
• Employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude demonstrating commitment to recovery for all.
Completion of accredited 5-day Recovery Coach training. Please contact for start dates.