The Smile Group are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting. The role will require a day a month commitment to handle an average of 15 transactions.
• Maintain Smile Group accounts by inputting, reconciling and allocating transactions.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Check invoices.
• Maintain historical records by filing documents.
• Prepare financial reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing account information and trends.
• Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
• There is scope to be involved in funding applications made to support the Smile Group and also to contribute in the development of the funding strategy.
• Liaise with the Smile Group Directors on the charity finances.
• Commitment to the organisation and upholding its values
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
• Attention to detail and thoroughness
• Experience working with data entry and record keeping
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Desirable – an understanding of tax worksheets and computations
• Desirable – experience working with the accounts of a charitable organisation
Travel expenses if needed.
Direct support from Smile Group directors and the Board of Trustees.
Comprehensive handover from a Smile Group Director.