If you can spare a couple of hours a week to help maintain our beautiful rural based charity site and grounds please think about joining our happy band!
You can help to make a wonderful environment where otherwise homeless families come to live while they recuperate from the stresses they've experienced. Garden maintenance tasks include: repair broken fence/gates strim overgrown areas, remove weeds from paths and garden, sow seeds and tend seedlings, plant out vegetables and flowers in the kitchen garden, tend to the sensory garden, level and repair garden paths, all the above will involve some manual handling.
Must show you have completed some training if you are to be using any tools and/or machinery.
• Good working knowledge of Health & Safety including manual handling
• Physically fit
• Ability to work alone or with others
• Ability to communicate with and relate to others who might have limited knowledge and/or experience in gardening
• Friendly outgoing personality
• Good sense of humour, calm and level headed
• Knowledge of safeguarding
• Patient, reliable, resilient, organised
• Can commit to at least 6 months volunteering in the role of gardener
up to £10 travelling
Full induction including Health & Safety and Safeguarding. Site Supervisor will manage the volunteer in this role, the volunteer Coordinator and their assistant will be available for support. A community lunch is freshly cooked and offered to volunteers who are onsite on Tuesday or Thursday.
Safeguarding, First Aid, Fire Awareness