Our shop needs more Volunteer Customer Service Assistants! We can only raise funds for Oxfam if there is somebody willing to be on the shop floor chatting to customers, taking payments and helping with queries.
Do you want to give something back?
Oxfam saves lives in disasters. We get clean water running, help people earn a living, grow food and send children to school. We stand up for the rights of women everywhere. And we speak out against injustices that keep people poor. With your help we fight poverty now – and beat it for good.
• Provide customer service to our shoppers on the till
• Interact with customers, helping them with anything they need
• Receive new donations
• Walk the shop floor, keeping it looking clean, attractive and organised
• Assist with any other relevant tasks on the shop floor
• Promote Oxfam’s Gift Aid scheme
• Have fun with the rest of the team!
You don't need specific skills or qualifications to volunteer in an Oxfam Shop. However, working as a member of the customer service team the following are desirable:
• An interest in retail/customer service
• Ability to work within the shop guidelines
• Commitment to Oxfam’s values of accountability, inclusivity and empowerment
• Ability to work as part of a team
• A calm, friendly and positive nature
• Willingness to learn/receptive to feedback
• An eye for detail
• Good communication skills
Reasonable travel and lunch costs
Oxfam Shop volunteers gain a lot from what they do. You will be joining over 22,000 volunteers to show that "we won't live with poverty".
• You will be given all necessary training and support you need.
• You’ll join a fun, knowledgeable and diverse team who support one another in what they do.
• Get that feel good feeling from giving something back.
• Be part of a shop that values your goals and what you want to get out of volunteering - building your skills, knowledge and responsibility as desired.
• NVQs offered in Retail, Customer Service and Team Leading. Get assessed whilst you volunteer and complete workbooks at home.
• You can claim reasonable local travel expenses and lunch costs, in line with Oxfam's policy.
Full training for the role will be provided