To support Cheshire Without Abuse in handling donations, preparing for sales activities, Seasonal gift giving (Easter, Harvest, Christmas) and fundraising events.
The role of a Donations and Sales volunteer is pivotal to the support we offer in our accommodation, making sure that clients have all they need to make them feel valued and welcome.
To carry out the following tasks:
• Organise and catalogue donated items and keep a stock inventory
• Prepare room turnover packs for CWA safe accommodation
• Prepare clothing and other donations ready for display and selling on, ie washing & ironing clothing, marking up, etc.
• Help coordinate seasonal gift distribution to clients
• Handle cash from customers.
• Prepare promotional materials, ie promoting sales items.
• Work as part of team with other volunteers and staff members.
• Attend training and other support considered necessary in carrying out the role.
• Uphold CWA policies, including equal opportunities and health & safety.
What we are looking for (skills, qualities and experience):
• Good organisational skills
• Experience of record keeping
• Willing to carry out tasks such as sorting through donated items and washing and ironing.
• Ability to handle cash, taking money from customers, giving change and cashing up proceeds from sales activities.
• A reliable and flexible approach to working in a team environment.
• A willingness to work with a variety of people.
• Good inter-personal skills and able to communicate effectively with other volunteers, clients, customers and CWA staff.
• A commitment to CWA vision, aims and values.
transport @45pence per mile
Benefits to you as a volunteer from taking on this role:
• New skills and experience
• Making a difference to your local community
• New friends and colleagues
Full Induction training
Health and Safety
Domestic Abuse Awareness and Safeguarding