Friends for Leisure is looking for new members to join the Board of Trustees. We want the Board to reflect the views, opinions and values of the people we are working with.
Friends for Leisure is a well-respected charity that has been improving the lives of disabled children and young people for over 20 years. We also have an award-winning youth volunteering programme.
Our current Board members possess a wealth of experience in the health and social care, legal, education and business sectors. However, we are keen to enhance our skills set and broaden the range of characters and backgrounds.
These are exciting opportunities for people who are passionate about FFL, the voluntary sector and providing community benefit.
The role is voluntary, but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
We would particularly welcome applicants who are familiar with services in the south of the borough
No previous experience of working within a disability organisation needed, but Trustees must:
• Be enthusiastic about making a difference
• Want to contribute to a better world
• Value all people regardless of disability, gender or race
• Have enough time to make a commitment. The trustees meet for two hours each month - usually at the charity's offices in Congleton - and participation in activities, fundraising and office support is encouraged.
• Bring skills and/or experience to the role – this could be as a parent /carer of a disabled child
Reasonable expenses and appropriate mileage at 0.45p/mile can be claimed.
Informal discussion and induction will be undertaken by the chair of trustees and on-going support is available from existing board members and the charity's manager and staff team.
Trustees are responsible for identifying their own training needs. Relevant training opportunities will then be sought.