This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with promoting the Museum and sharing our events and news with the wider public.
• Development of press releases in collaboration with Museum staff, volunteers and exhibitors.
• Distribution of press releases.
• Development other promotional material, posters, flyers etc. in collaboration with Museum staff, volunteers and exhibitors.
• Distribution of other promotional material.
• Co-ordination of collection and presentation of illustrative material.
• To adhere to the policies and procedures held by the Museum.
We Can Offer You:
• A unique working environment.
• Interesting and diverse work.
• Valuable work experience.
• The opportunity to use your skills or develop new ones.
• The opportunity to meet new people who share your interests.
• Support for this role will be provided.
We are looking for someone with an enthusiasm and interest in local history, as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in addition to excellent writing and communication skills.
It is unlikely that any expenses will be incurred. Any expenses that do come up must be pre-agreed with the Manager.
In-house training, volunteer induction, regular volunteer updates, support from Manager and Administrator.
In-house training with a volunteer currently in this role. Other training may be available.