We are looking for people to join our friendly team of volunteers who help to run our busy and vibrant shop. If you are looking to make a difference in your local community whilst meeting new people and making new friends then this is the role for you!
St Luke's at Sandbach offers good quality clothing, including many designer labels and some eveningwear. There is vast range of bric-a-brac which is a firm favourite for customers looking to treat themselves, or as gifts for friends and relations.
Our retail assistants help to raise the funds we need to provide care to local people when they need it most. Your role is to support the Shop Manager in every aspect of the shop, providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile to ensure that our shops are as successful as possible.
Some of the tasks that you will be doing include:
• Greeting customers
• Using the till
• Receiving donations, sorting and preparing stock for sale
• Assisting with shop displays
• Maintaining a stocked and tidy shop floor
• Processing Gift Aid and encouraging new donors
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us for as little as four hours each week, usually a morning or an afternoon, but this is flexible depending on your availability. In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new skills and receive on-going support and training, as well as having a great time and knowing that you are making an important contribution to St Luke’s.
What we are looking for
• Aged 18 and over
• Willing to partake in all aspects of the shop and training
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Well presented
• Able to support the overall aims of St Luke’s and respect polices such as Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
If you would like to do something valuable with your spare time and make a difference, get in touch and join our team!
Experience of using a till would be desired but not essential as training will be provided
Health and safety