therapeutic play volunteer required to support our early years setting in providing stimulating and therapeutic activities for children who have experienced and/or witnessed domestic abuse.
To carry out the following tasks:
• Planning for play sessions
• Caring for children aged 0-11 years
• Preparing snacks
• Being responsible for the safeguarding and welfare of children in the care of myCWA
• Identifying potential concerns and reporting them to the Children’s Intervention Co-ordinator and/or member of the myCWA Leadership Team
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to attend training
• Experience of caring for/working with children and young people
• A sense of humour
Travel to and from home to volunteer location. 45p per mile.
Opportunity to learn new skills and build CV.
Induction training and various safeguarding and domestic abuse related training.
Supervision and personal development provided by experienced staff members.
Safeguarding and domestic abuse related training.
Various internal/in-the-role training.