Coffee’n’Chat - Thursday mornings - chat with lone parents, help with room set-up and pack-down, assist with tea trolley & washing-up
We are looking for volunteers with exceptional skills in drinking coffee and being friendly. With these skills you can help us ensure a bright, positive future for lone parents and their families.
• Chat with our lone parents, in a group setting and on a one-to-one basis
• Be available for occasional one-to-one confidential listening if a parent is distressed or in need of support (NOT advice or counselling, purely listening and being supportive in the moment)
• Assist staff to set-up room, plus pack-down and clean-up afterwards
• Helping set-up tea trolley and petty cash tin, helping wash-up afterwards
• Experience of interacting with groups
• Good at listening
• Friendly and outgoing
• Willing to learn how we do things and how we treat people
Travel and parking are refunded. If you volunteer over a meal-time, for example on an occasional day-long trip, we will refund your lunch costs
Two-way feedback, training, reference after four months of regular volunteering. Many of our volunteers go onto work or study in related careers.
Child protection is mandatory. Examples of optional training include First Aid, Health & Safety, Stress Resilience, help to access formal courses elsewhere