Have your voice heard on national and local consultations
CVS Current Consultations and Events
CVS undertook a survey with VCFS and statutory partners to review how we provide the voice service. Read the Full Report
We would like to hear the Voice of the Volunteer!
Do you have a volunteering story to tell? How did you become involved in volunteering, what have been the benefits to you and did you experience any barriers that got in the way? Let us know at email@example.com or complete our Volunteer survey at:
Community Capacity and Resilience Service - Market Provider Events
Cheshire East Council would like to invite VCFS organisations to an event to discuss how they can enhance the current service delivery model for the voluntary, community and faith sector in Cheshire East. Key aspects of the service will include:
- building strong relationships amongst organisations locally (including with local public sector organisations)
- encouraging and supporting volunteering
- working with organisations to help them set up, and to also develop
- helping organisations to access sources of funding
- ensuring organisations and the community are able to express their voice.
The events will provide an opportunity to discuss and develop the service model, giving organisations like yours a chance to feed into its development as well as allowing more general discussion with the VCFS on partnership working. These will take place on:
- Tuesday 24th September, 2 - 4pm, Council Chamber, Municipal Building, Crewe, CW1 2BJ - Register Here
- Thursday 26th September, 10 - 12pm, Council Chamber, Macclesfield Town Hall, Macclesfield, SK10 1EA - Register here
If you can't make the events you can complete the online survey to share your views https://surveys.cheshireeast.gov.uk/s/VCFS19/
Caring for our Carers: Rethinking the NHS workforce in Cheshire & Merseyside - Tue, 24 September 2019, 10:00 – 15:30
VSNW and Health & Care Partnership for Cheshire & Merseyside would like to invite VCFS organisations to the above event. There are 280,000 informal carers in Cheshire in Merseyside including an estimated 6,000 formal NHS staff. This represents almost one in eight of us and is likely to rise over the coming years.
Given the research commissioned by Cheshire and Merseyside’s NHS, this event will explore two key aspects:
- How can we best support the 280,000 informal carers that supplement our formal health and social care system?
- How can we best support NHS staff who are also informal carers?
Cheshire & Merseyside Health and Care Partnership, Vision for Population Health event - Thu, 19 September 2019, 11:00 – 16:30
with Professor Sir Michael Marmott, The Kings Fund and Local Government Association Join them and hear from the world renowned lead for addressing health inequalities Professor Sir Michael Marmot, along with the King’s Fund and the Local Government Association. During this special event, we will consider how we tackle health inequalities and improve population health. We will set the scene for how work as a system and discuss the leadership requirements we need to deliver this agenda. We will also agree how we best deliver our health and wellbeing priorities for Cheshire & Merseyside.
Cheshire Police - Drop in Surgeries, 10am - 11am
Spike Elliott – Police Community Support Officer will be available at our office in Hope Street to allow the residents of Sandbach Town Centre to have a place they can attend on a regular basis to discuss any issues they have, that the Police may be able to assist with. Spike is also happy talking with VCFS organisations so please feel free to drop in and speak to him, booking isn't required.
The dates for 2019 are:
Wednesday 18th September
The following consultations are on the Cheshire East Council website. More informaiton on each consultation is available on their site through the link above.
Council Tax Support Consultation
Cheshire East Council is proposing changes to its Council Tax Support scheme. This could affect how those living in working age households claim their Council Tax Support.
Please submit your consultation response by 5pm on Monday 16 September 2019.
CE Draft Economic Strategy Consultation
Cheshire East Council is consulting on its draft economic strategy, which outlines plans to grow the local economy to deliver £15bn GVA per year, and improve the quality of the local area.
The draft strategy, which was approved for consultation by cabinet on Tuesday 9 July, uses a strong evidence base and has been developed in partnership with representatives from the private sector.
We now want to test the strategy through a consultation so that the local community can tell us what they think.
Please submit your consultation response by 5pm on Sunday 29 September 2019.
Cheshire East High Needs Funding Consultation
Cheshire East Council is looking to improve the system for allocating high needs top-up funding to children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan in Cheshire East.
A working group established by the Schools Forum have developed a proposed new model, and we would like your views on this proposal.
Please submit your consultation response by 5pm on Friday 11 October 2019.
In Cheshire East each statutory body e.g. Council, Fire or health have meetings where they disucss and make decisions, many of these are held in public and you are able to submit a question and have your voice heard. Below is a list of the main organisations and links to the website pages where they advertise their meetings.
CVS can support you to attend these meetings and raise questions. If you aren't sure which organisation you need to contact please get in touch and share your issue with us, we are here to help
- Cheshire East Council - this link will take you to the calendar of council meetings. Meetings you might be interested in attending are Cabinet Meetings, Full Council Meetings, the Health and Wellbeing Board meetings, Health and Adult Social Care and Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee and Children and Families Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
- South Cheshire CCG - Dates of Governing Body meetings
- Eastern Cheshire CCG - Dates of Governing Body meetings
- Cheshire Fire Authority - The Fire Authority is the publicly accountable body which manages the fire and rescue service on behalf of the communities of Cheshire, Halton and Warrington. - Dates of meetings
Just contact us using the options below.
- Raise your voice - Complete our online form
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01270 763100
- Tweet @askTheVoice
- Read and Comment on our blog entries here
Thank you for your time. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.