What is the #iwillFund?
#iwill is a UK-wide campaign that aims to make social action part of life for as many young people as possible by the year 2020. Through collaboration and partnership, it is spreading the word about the benefits of youth social action.
Step Up To Serve, The National Lottery Community Fund and the Government Office for Civil Society have invested £2million this year to fund groups delivering youth social action opportunities. Community Foundations are expected to match this investment.
The #iwillFund looks to support social action activities that create opportunities for young people aged 10-20 to develop their potential and their capacity to significantly contribute to their community.
Social action involves activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering and has huge potential to create enjoyable opportunities and skills development for young people, and in turn benefit the local people and places.
applying for a grant
- Grants are between £1,000 and £5,000.
- Projects can be up to a year in duration.
- Grants should deliver campaigning, fundraising and/or volunteering opportunities for young people age 10 to 20 years old, or up to 25 for disabled people.
- This fund is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations including Social Enterprises and CICs limited by guarantee in England.
- National organisations with local branches (with their own management committee and bank account) can apply.
- New organisations that can demonstrate they are financially robust can apply.