Enterprise Development Programme
a grant & learning opportunity for mental-health focused charities and social enterprises
Income from trading is vitally important to organisations. It generates unrestricted funding that can cover core costs and provides greater financial freedom and flexibility. With that in mind we have designed a programme to enable organisations to get their enterprise ideas off the ground and generate income from selling their products or services.
We appreciate it’s not relevant for all Mental Health VCSEs. However, if your organisation falls into one of the following categories, the programme could be really well placed to help:
1. We have a great idea for a product or service we could sell, and have completed some market research but we need some help to fully assess its feasibility.
2. We have piloted a product or service to sell, but we now need support to fully take it to market
3. We already sell products or services but are keen to grow or strengthen our operations
If accepted onto the programme, organisations can gain access to:
- Access to learning workshops to develop your organisation’s skills related to enterprise
- Access to finance and legal experts to guide you trading operations
- Opportunity to apply for a grant to test / develop your enterprise
- Peer-learning and networking opportunities
Who is it for:
Eligibility criteria – the organisation:
- Is a charity, voluntary sector organisation, or social enterprise,
- Has Stated mission is to support individuals suffering from mental health issues or illnesses.
- Can demonstrate in its last full year accounts or current financial year there was/will be annual revenue of between £50,000 and £1.5M
- Is based in England, along with the majority of your beneficiaries
Has a commitment to generating income through trading activities – either through;
- evidence current trading activities, which require support / development, or
- commitment from senior management and the Board to pilot / test a coherent trading idea
Process / Dates to be aware of:
- Interested organisations need to complete a Stage 1 – expression of interest form. The Stage 1 windows opens for three weeks from the 13th September to October 4th (4pm)
- Shortlisted organisations will be invited by October 7th to complete a more detailed Stage 2 application. There will be 4 weeks to complete this (deadline – 4th November).
- Final decisions on organisations selected to participate by December 22nd.
- Programme begins in February 2022.
- For further details about the programme, eligibility criteria and how to apply please visit:www.enterprisedevelopmentprogramme.org.uk
- If you have additional questions about the programme – do feel free to get in touch with Greg Woolley – email@example.com
- Please note that Stage 1 applications will not be open until September 13th.