Cheshire East Council have annouced that there is a greater access to home testing.
Testing for COVID-19 is now seen as a vital tool in containing the virus, as around 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus show no symptoms but are still able to transmit the virus.
As well as local testing centres where you can book an appointment to attend for a test, there are now a range of ways you can get a test to take at home too, these are as follows:
- Local Collection: You can collect testing kits from our Crewe or Macclesfield testing sites at:
Crewe: Salvation army, Prince Albert Street, CW1 2DF between 1pm and 8pm
Macclesfield: Commercial Road, SK10 2QJ between 2.30pm and 8pm
2. Click and Collect Service: A click and collect service for test kits is also available at 5 other test sites. If you can't use the click and collect system, you can phone 0300 123 5032 for someone to help you.
3. Order a test by post: You can also get a test posted to you.
You can find out more about your local testing options on the Cheshire East Council Covid-19 Testing webpage.
You book either a symptom-free test (Lateral Flow Test) or tests if you have Covid-19 symptoms on the Test Booking page.
If your staff or volunteers live in Cheshire West then Rapid twice-weekly testing is available for everyone in the borough and can be accessed in a number of ways:
- A new 'Pharmacy Collect' service enabling people aged over 18 without symptoms to visit a participating local pharmacy and collect tests to use twice a week at home.
- Community testing at a no symptoms (asymptomatic) testing centre in the borough – including Winsford Lifestyle Centre, Stanney Oaks Leisure Centre in Ellesmere Port and at Chester Cathedral
- Picking up home testing kits at one of the community testing centres above, or at libraries, including Northwich, Neston, Frodsham and the mobile library van at Tarporley, Tattenhall, Malpas and Tarvin
- Collection at a local PCR test site during specific test collection time windows – sites in the borough include at Little Roodee and Sealand Road Park and Ride in Chester, Wellington Road in Ellesmere Port, the car park at Winsford Lifestyle Centre and Leicester Street in Northwich.
- workplace testing programmes, on-site or at home – ask your employer if this is available
- testing on-site at schools and colleges
- a home ordering service which allows people to order lateral flow tests online to be delivered to their home