Do you believe that everyone has talents?
Has anyone ever told you that you’ve been an inspiration to them?
Do you work creatively, think on your feet and refuse to give up?
Do you have the highest aspirations for those people with the fewest choices?
Can you retain a positive attitude in the face of daily challenges?
YMCA Crewe is a well-established provider of accommodation for people who have experienced homelessness. We have a 55 bed supported accommodation project in Gresty Road, as well as a smaller property for parents and children and other flats and houses in the area. We run a floating support service and have a growing number of After School Clubs and parenting groups that meet on local estates.
We are looking for a Support and Engagement Worker (Life Coach) to join our team at 189 Gresty Road. The Life Coaching Team works with people who have experienced homelessness and live at our 55 bed supported accommodation project. This is a full time role, working 5 x 8 hour shifts between 8.00 am and 10.00 pm, Monday to Sunday. The salary is £22,205 per annum.
We are passionate and enthusiastic about our work and love an energetic “can do” attitude in staff.
The successful candidate will need to
· Encourage people to join in the day to day activities at the YMCA, as they work on improving the skills they’ll need to live independently and find employment
· Spot and develop service users’ talents and assets
· Coach service users to identify and achieve goals for their lives
· Conscientiously track and record service users’ journeys
Not sure if you have the right experience?
Having the right attitude and the right skills is more important to us than where you’ve worked before.
YMCA Crewe is committed to the active promotion of equal opportunity, both in the provision of services and as an employer of paid and unpaid workers.
YMCA Crewe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS check.
· Please email email@example.com for a job description, person specification and application form
· The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 14th November – application form and equal opportunities form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Longlisted candidates will be asked to do a brief presentation on Monday 18thNovember
· Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Wednesday 20th November *
* We hope to be able to offer some early evening interview times on Wednesday 20thNovember for those unable to attend during the day