Vacancy for a Support and Engagement Worker (Life Coach)
Do you believe that everyone has talents?
Has anyone ever told you that you’ve been an inspiration to them?
Do you work creatively, think on your feet and refuse to give up?
Do you have the highest aspirations for those people with the fewest choices?
Can you retain a positive attitude in the face of daily challenges?
We are looking for a Life Coach to join our team at 189 Gresty Road. This is a full time role, working 5 x 8 hour shifts between 8.00 am and 10.00 pm, Monday to Sunday. The salary is £22,205.
YMCA Crewe is a well established provider of accommodation for people who have experienced homelessness. We have a 55 bed supported accommodation project in Gresty Road, as well as a smaller property for parents and children and other flats and houses in the area. We run a floating support service and have a growing number of After School Clubs and parenting groups that meet on local estates.
The Life Coaching Team works with people who have experienced homelessness and live at our 55 bed supported accommodation project. We are passionate and enthusiastic about our work and love an energetic “can do” attitude in staff.
The successful applicant will need to
· Coach service users to identify and achieve goals for their lives
· Spot and develop service users’ talents and assets
· Encourage young people to join in the day to day activities at the YMCA, as they work on improving the skills they’ll need to live independently and find employment
· Conscientiously track and record residents’ journeys
Not sure if you’ve got the right experience?
Having the right attitude and the right skills is
more important to us than where you’ve worked before.
YMCA Crewe is committed to the active promotion of equal opportunity, both in the provision of services and as an employer of paid and unpaid workers.
YMCA Crewe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS check.
· Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description, person specification and application form
· The closing date for applications is 9.00 am on Friday 17th May 2019
· Longlisted candidates will be asked to do a brief presentation on Wednesday 22nd May 2019 *
· Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Friday 24th May 2019
* We hope to be able to offer some early evening appointments on Wednesday 22nd May for those unable to attend during the day