JOIN A DYNAMIC AND INNOVATIVE ORGANISATION – Leading, enabling, helping and supporting people and organisations to improve end of life experience and care for all
*We are able to maintain membership of the NHS Pension Scheme for existing members and operate a Stakeholder Pension Scheme for non-members*
The End of Life Partnership (EoLP) is a registered charity which aims to:
• lead, educate and facilitate excellence and best practice in palliative and end of life care
• influence and enable our communities to live and die well, supported by the health, social and voluntary workforce
At the EoLP we work closely to support stakeholders in palliative and end of life care to deliver outcomes frameworks and local priorities, supported and informed by strong community, patient, public, clinical influence and engagement.
You have the opportunity to be part of a visionary team and work in an environment, which supports and values individuals. You will be part of an organisation that works collaboratively with partners across geographic and professional boundaries, across multiple care settings and communities – transforming end of life experience and care.
The EoLP’s main office base is near Crewe, Cheshire with additional teaching and office bases in other locations across Cheshire.
The EoLP is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, religion or belief.
To play a key role in driving forward the success of EoLP through the effective strategic leadership and management of the financial aspects of the Charity. This will include management of diverse income streams, effective use/stewardship of resources and fit for purpose financial reporting. The post holder will have a key role in strategic and corporate financial reporting (both to the Board and to the Leadership and Management Team (LMT) and statutory accounts.
The post holder will be working alongside a Management Accounting Officer who undertakes all the day to day finance transactions and reconciliations.
The post holder will utilise highly developed specialist knowledge, underpinned by theory and experience. They will have full working knowledge of Financial Strategy and Reporting Standards. They will be competent in the use and interpretation of data from financial systems and Microsoft packages e.g. spreadsheets, ledgers, etc. They will have knowledge of financial policies, standards, legislation and experience of controls assurance and governance frameworks.
You will have:
• Knowledge of financial processes, policies, standards, legislation
• Advanced technical accounting practice and expertise
• An understanding of good practice in charity financial management
• An understanding of the range of income types for charitable organisations
• A comprehensive understanding of the requirements and regulations of the charity commission
• A strong understanding of all aspects of financial management for an organisation (e.g. budgeting, reporting, controls, treasury etc)
• An ability to demonstrate effective verbal, written, numeric reasoning and presentation skills
• An ability to demonstrate effective influencing, negotiation and communications skills
• An ability to learn and adapt behaviours quickly
• An ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve objectives
• An ability to think strategically and commercially and contribute to the planning and direction of an organisation
• An ability to turn good ideas into action to deliver results
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA); or a part-qualified accountant with experience of financial management at a senior level
• Experience in finance in a complex multi- professional organisation
• Experience of leading a team
• Experience in the charitable sector at a senior level
• Experience of compliance with the charity commission
NHS (Agenda for Change) Band 8a - £45,753 - £51,668 pa pro rata
7.5 hours per week
2nd October 2020
Wk Commencing the 19th October 2020
For an application pack please contact Caroline Kirkham on 01270 310260 or by email at Caroline.Kirkham@eolp.org.uk
Salli Jeynes (Chief Executive Officer) will be available to discuss the positions informally with prospective candidates. Please contact Caroline Kirkham on 01270 310260 to arrange a mutually convenient time for a discussion.
The End of Life Partnership does not hold an employer’s sponsor licence for sponsoring tier 2 Visas; therefore, we are unable to progress any applications, which are reliant on a visa.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please accept that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful